All posts filed under: Community

Capturing the punk with Capture One Live for mobile

Explosive energy, loud shouts, authentic voices, and forces of nature converge in the untamed world of live music events. When tasked with capturing the essence of the punk band Alien Chicks, photography students Nici Eberl, Pooja Dua, and Rudresh Arora from London College of Communications (LCC London) embarked on an exciting project that froze the intensity of punk in time. Their exploration of Capture One Live on mobile revealed new dimensions to their craft, pushing boundaries and unlocking the true essence of live music photography.       Entering the final semester of their MA in Commercial Photography at LCC London, the three students were faced with an exhilarating challenge: develop a concept for an on-location shoot and experiment with the capabilities of Live on mobile. Their goal was to showcase how this innovative tool could be seamlessly integrated into their photography practice. Nici enthusiastically shares, “We were told to show how Capture One Live could be used in our photography practice. So, I thought, in the world of live music, the promoters, …

Photos by Barbora Lundgren

SALT – A dreamlike warning against ignoring climate change

In a not-so-distant future, the world has dried up under the scorching sun and all that remains to keep us afloat is salt. This is the scene that Barbora Lundgren, Ville Niiranen, and Goda Kraštinaitytė lay out in their project “Salt”, which depicts the consequences of ignoring climate change. “When you’re there, you just feel this weird feeling of apocalypse. For me it feels strange, like being on the moon or another planet,” says Barbora, the hero photographer for the project. Shot on location in the Dead Sea, the team of students from London College of Communication chose the spot for its extra-terrestrial look. About to enter the final semester of an MA in Commercial Photography, the students were tasked with coming up with a concept for an on-location shoot and experiment with the capabilities of Capture One for iPad.     Barbora – who is originally from Czechia – has spent time living in Israel and was inspired by the unique landscape of the area and especially the barren nature and salt crystals …

Image by Kayls Connors

Kayla Connors is making moves

Kayla Connors isn’t afraid to go out of her way to get the right shot, whether that’s crafting a story about her subject or finding higher ground. “If there’s really something I want to do, I’ll figure it out. If I need to climb a tree, I’ll climb a tree.” We spoke to the up-and-coming fashion photographer, whose work is featured in the new Capture One for iPhone campaign, about what gives her the freedom to move.     “I think what first drew me to photography was that it feels like you can step into someone’s world for a minute,” says Kayla, speaking to us from her apartment in London accompanied by her black cat, Munch. “There’s an element of fantasy in fashion photography that I love. A familiarity of your mom giving you clothes when you were a kid or wearing your grandmother’s bag.” Growing up in Switzerland, the now 25-year-old moved to the UK in 2017 to pursue her photography dream at Central Saint Martin. Last year, she graduated with an MA …

“I am alive, these are my days.” Wika Wójcikiewicz is rebranding aging

Frustrated by the way aging in women is seen in Polish society, Wika Wójcikiewicz has set out to debunk the myth that life ends after 50.   “What is the difference between my body and a woman who’s 70 years old? It’s literally just wrinkles,” asserts the soon-to-be photography graduate Wika Wójcikiewicz. Having spent a good part of the past six months on the road, Wika has travelled across her home country Poland to capture the inner lives of four women in their 70s who are not satisfied with being contained to an outdated view of what it means to get older. Her finishing project for her bachelor’s in photography at London College of Communication “Life is not boring, you are”, goes beyond what is normally seen of “women of a certain age” and documents their colorful lives. “Many young people consider age as something that we should be scared of, as something lonely, boring and full of limitations. We are told that our minds and bodies are the most beautiful in our 20s, hence …